Sunday, August 5, 2007

A Day at a Time

Things finally seem to be moving in a productive direction. Tony and I are anxiously awaiting the arrival of our son, Vincent, expected sometime in September.

For the past month and a half or so we have been working at the Eugene Saturday Market, building our reputation and our points. We have found a niche for my creative balloons that seems to have gone over quite well. I am excited to finally be involved in the market and to be "out there." Even if only for balloons.

At home I am finding snippets of time to work on my illustrations. I am creating a portfolio that will become a line of greeting cards one of these days not to far into the future. I have a desire like I've never known before that is driving me, that refuses to let me just lie down and accept what life hands to me. I am not one for accepting such things. You've got to make it happen in your life. No one else will do it for you and sitting about complaining won't do a thing but to drive those around you crazy! It is in my unhappiness with my nine-to-five and my desire for more time with my son at home that I am pushing myself this year in ways I haven't pushed before. It's an awesome feeling. The feeling of possibility, that feeling of, "wow, this can really be something big someday." It's incredible and it fuels my desires. I refuse to drift through this life day-dreaming and regretting and wondering that age old wonder... what if? Not for me. I've seen it happen out there. I've seen others succeed. I know it can be done. Why can't it be me?

No comments: