Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Welcome home Vincent...

Such an interesting week. Our little Vincent, due date September 20th, arrived August 22nd. Let me tell you what a surprise that was! We are led to believe however that his due date was not accurate, by several weeks. As it's something we've suspected throughout most of the pregnancy. He was a healthy 7lbs. 9 oz. and 19" long. Had he stayed in to term the little fella might have been able to walk out!

Vincent is a little dream. He is a piece of perfection I never thought would be. I am so glad that he is. He is serene and peaceful and only really fusses when he needs something. It's a pleasure to take him out and show him off. Tony and I are making a point to not become reclusive home-bodies. We need to maintain some semblance of a social existence. For our benefit as well as Vincent's. Of course, mommy can't wait to start working out again! A couple more weeks and I may be able to see where that can go.

Tony and I are not finding the transition to parenthood difficult at all. We have gracefully accepted the changes and have moved into them with a fluidity that I didn't know I had in me. It's strange too the paternal triggers that are set in motion. My "mama bear-ness" pokes it's head out occasionally and it's a bizarre feeling. We are happy to pass Vincent around and let others bask in his brand-new glow. But I feel that watchful eye opening. Such a strange feeling for the natural way of things to grow inside of me like a giant dahlia demanding every drop of sunlight it can get at.

I love you Tony. I love you Vincent. Thank you for being such amazing people in my life. It would not be complete without you. Either one of you.

No comments: