Monday, May 19, 2008

This week in art!


I love these two caricatures! I drew them this past Saturday while sitting in the insanely hot sun at the market. I am having so much fun drawing caricatures again. I am breaking out of my box and the boxes that were put upon me years ago when I began my training. I loved when this girl requested to be riding an orca whale. Fortunately I painted one a few years ago and remembered quite a bit of their anatomy. I am working on a custom order at home of a little girl who will be riding a phoenix! Her name coincidentally is Phoenyx so it will be super adorable. I will post it when it is finished.


I love the idea of the reusable shopping bag but have not been able to find one that tickled my fancy. They've been too small, too plasticy (new word!), to gimmicky, too touristy... etc. So... with a pile of fabric in my studio I dove in and came out with these! The main body of the bags are from old curtain displays that were going to be tossed in trash by a local major retailer while the flannel details on the side were purchased new. This is part of the batch of product that I will be bringing to the BRING recycle fair at the end of this month. Fortunately they only take between an hour and a half and two and a half hours to make so I should be able to add a few to the stash.



My Tickled Pink and Blue etsy site has been doing well lately. By well I mean that I've sold two super baby onesies. They are so cute! They come with a little red cape attached to the back and a "super" emblem on the front with the baby's initial in it. I love taking my son out in his. He always gets smiles and comments. Of course he doesn't have a clue how cute he is! But I have hordes of pictures to show him some day.

Here is a customized onesie I made a couple of weeks ago. The woman who ordered it said that her husband always called their daughter Madeleine "Rad Mad". She intends to put the outfit on little Mad for Father's Day.

1 comment:

Kiley said...

I am in awe! I really do need to find you down there one of these weekends. I was down at market on the super hot weekend (last weekend?) and but as you weren't in your normal spot I couldn't find you and I ran out of time to look before my husband came back for me.

Hopefully I'll be able to make the next meeting!