Monday, April 7, 2008

The Saturday Market is here again!


Oh happy me! It has seemed quite a long winter without the Saturday Market. But alas, this weekend was day one of a new season! Tony and I were excited to get out of the house, whatever the reason! And I'm sure he was happy to yank me out of the studio for a day. Although I hit my first wall of baby-separation when we left our son Vincent with his grandmother Saturday morning. I did not see them coming, but the tears they flowed! Wow. It's in moments like those that I think to myself, "I get it now... I understand what people are talking about." In reference to their children. We are sure that Vincent turned on every mommy button on his way into this world because at the strangest moments I feel something new and uncontrollable! But I love it. Every tear, every smile. I never imaged being a mom would be so amazing! And he's not quite eight months old yet! Of course, one of my favorite things is having the best excuse to be able to quit my "day job" and become a full-time stay-at-home-mom and artist!

Where was I? Oh yes, the Saturday Market! You won't find any of my homemade baby items at the market, perhaps one day. My partner and I are balloon artists! Now this isn't your run of the mill one balloon animal kind of work. We use multiple balloons to create amazing things from mermaids and fairies to spiderman and aliens! (Mental note to take photos next weekend and try to get them up!) In a month or two I hope to introduce caricatures into the equation as well.

Stop by and say hello! I'd love to chat it up with fellow surfers!

I'm off to update Etsy now. Check it out! TickledPinkAndBlue.etsy.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I remember the first time that I was away from my son. We left him over my MIL's house and when we returned, they were gone. I had a panic attack! She decided to take him on a visit to his Great Granny's house. Looking back I can laugh about it now but, at the time I was shook to my core. Only mommies can understand that feeling. Only mommies can capture the feelings in words the way you did! Lovely post!